Family Lawyer Bloomington IL
Whether you are getting a divorce, dividing property, or adopting a child, you should consider having a family lawyer Bloomington IL provides to its residents. Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols, is an approachable, highly experienced family ran law firm founded in 1938. With almost 80 years of operation, we understand the complexities and formalities associated with family law.
A Bloomington Family Lawyer Answers Commonly Asked Questions
As one of the foremost law firms, Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols receives calls from would-be clients regarding the basics of family law. Although every case is inherently unique, we’ve provided the questions and answers to some of the more general topics. If you don’t see what you’re looking for or need further advice on your own situation, you can schedule a consultation with a family lawyer Bloomington IL respects.
What is considered to be family law?
Family law is a broad term that refers to every type of claim which may fall under Illinois laws and be heard by the Family Court. Some examples include:
- Divorce and legal separation
- Child support
- Child custody
- Alimony and spousal support
- Fiduciary duties
- Rights and obligations during marriage
- Domestic partnerships
- Division of property
- and more
My situation is complicated. Can a family lawyer Bloomington IL offers still help?
Family law matters are not usually straightforward and often comprise of complex litigation, high value asset distribution, and issues involving resolution, taxation, concealment of assets, child well being, and so on and so forth. A family lawyer Bloomington IL trusts may expect these complicated matters and work to effectively resolve them.
Can you help me with the legal process to adopt a child?
Yes, we may be able to. Our legal team at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols has helped many parents expand their families through the adoption process. Be assured that a family lawyer in Bloomington IL from our firm understands that it is a big decision to adopt a child. While this is a happy occasion, it can also be stressful. Our family law attorneys make every effort to ease the adoption process for our clients. A Bloomington family lawyer from our firm may assist you with the following:
- Obtain legal guardianship of a minor child who is not your biological child. A Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols family lawyer Bloomington IL respects may guide you through the legal process from start to finish.
- Find an adoption agency with which you can work to find a child who is a good fit for your family, based on your needs and wishes.
- Complete and submit all necessary legal documentation for the adoption process. We can provide legal assistance for you whether the child is in the local area or overseas.
- Represent you in court should that be necessary as part of the adoption process before or after you gain custody. This is more common with surrogate mothers who change their mind prior to handing over custody of their newborn baby.
Is an adoption lawyer necessary?
A knowledgeable Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols family lawyer Bloomington IL families have turned to for legal guidance for years may provide a number of important services that could increase the likelihood of a successful outcome. Our family law attorneys are intimately familiar with all applicable state, federal, national, and international adoption laws. Their skill and experience can help eliminate or minimize potential problems when going through the adoption process. We can help with the following:
- Step-parent adoptions
- Same sex couples who wish to adopt a child
- Preparation for adoption hearings
- Legal representation in court hearings
- Legal representation if complications develop during the adoption process
What is involved in the adoption process?
The length of time to complete the adoption process varies based on the complexity of the case. An adoption can take as long as five years, but a family lawyer Bloomington IL parents choose from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols would make every effort to hasten the process as much as possible.
What does it cost for a family lawyer Bloomington IL locals recommend?
This will vary depending upon the details of your case, such as how straightforward or complicated it might be. For instance, international adoptions may require more time and paperwork as compared to an adoption in state. Some procedures vary depending on whether you will be working with an adoption agency or a private individual or surrogate mother. We offer prospective adopters a free consultation to discuss the details of their case so that we can offer an accurate estimate of our legal fees for our services. Contact a Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols family lawyer Bloomington IL relies on to review your family’s situation and provide you with more information.
How long will my case take?
The length of time it takes may take to resolve a family law matter may be dependent upon the unique circumstances as well as how well the parties cooperate together. Thus, it’s impossible to give an estimated time without knowing your personal details. Please call Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols to address this question during a free consultation.
Do I need a family lawyer in Bloomington IL?
Technically you might be able to manage your way through the legal system, but if you answer ‘yes’ to the following, you will probably benefit from a family lawyer:
- Are there children involved?
- Is there a significant amount of assets involved?
- Are you unsure of what you may be entitled to?
- Has your spouse or partner retained a lawyer?
- Is violence or abuse an issue?
- Do you feel there will be a disagreement over the children, property, or assets?
- Is your partner trying to move far away with your children?
- Is your partner likely to want to move interstate, overseas or far away with your children?
Family law is highly complex and can have direct implications on the life of yours’ and your family. It is advisable to have an experienced, trustworthy lawyer working hard for your rights. You can also receive counsel on important issues while alleviating any stress you’re experiencing at the time.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols
Regardless of whether or not you may need a lawyer, you have the opportunity to speak with one for free legal advice. To schedule your consultation with a family lawyer Bloomington IL depends on for sound guidance, please call 309-821-0246.
“We needed legal assistance in Illinois while living in another state – after calling what seemed like almost all the attorneys in this specific county, we finally found Michael Nichols, who not only gave us a very reasonable rate, but worked with us remotely. I was impressed with how well he stayed in touch throughout the process, without us having to follow-up with him. Our case went smooth and he was willing to do what needed to be done to get us the result we wanted. Thanks Michael!”