schedule
consultation
107 E Eureka Ave, #1
Eureka, IL 61530
121 N Main St
Bloomington, IL 61701
309-467-3213 schedule consultation
schedule consultation

Money for Nothing

Published on June 19th, 2020

The Department of Health and Human Services announced last week that another $15 billion in coronavirus relief funding to Medicaid providers will be provided. The additional funding will be distributed to eligible Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program providers. Additionally, the agency announced that an enhanced portal is available for providers, starting today, that allows them to report their annual patient revenue, which determines their payment amount. About 62% of all Medicaid and CHIP providers have received relief funding and this distribution is expected to cover the remaining 38%, according to the agency.

HHS has already provided relief funding to over one million providers, and today’s announcement is expected to reach several hundred thousand more providers, many of whom are safety net providers operating on thin margins,” the agency explained.

The American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living applauded the federal government for distributing the additional funding to Medicaid providers. In May, in a separate payout, the federal government disbursed $5 billion to nursing homes. The funding equates to about $50,000 per facility. That’s a baseline $50k per facility, plus another $2,500 per bed.

“These nursing home, assisted living and intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities urgently need these resources from the federal government to acquire testing, equipment and staffing to protect their residents,” AHCA/NCAL President and CEO Mark Parkinson said.

Latest posts by PIOLETTI PIOLETTI & NICHOLS (see all)

Back to News

EUREKA, IL LOCATION

107 E Eureka Ave, #1
Eureka, IL 61530

309-467-3213

24/7 live phone answering

BLOOMINGTON, IL LOCATION

121 N Main St
Bloomington, IL 61701

309-821-0246

24/7 live phone answering

KANKAKEE, IL LOCATION

2 Dearborn Square #1D
Kankakee, IL 60901

309-821-0246

24/7 live phone answering

Contact Us Today!