Bloomington Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Lawyer Bloomington IL
A Bloomington, IL personal injury lawyer understands how devastating any type of accident injury can be for a victim. It can be even more frustrating when that accident was the result of another party or party’s negligence. The fortunate news is that Illinois law allows accident victims to recover damages for their injuries from the party who caused the accident. If you have been injured in an accident, the legal team at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols will work diligently to get you the financial compensation you deserve.
Table Of Contents
- Retaining One Of Our Personal Injury Lawyers
- Types Of Personal Injury Cases
- Insurance Companies Are Not Looking Out For Your Best Interest
- Common Types Of Injuries
- Ways Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help The Injured
- Bloomington Personal Injury Infographic
- Bloomington Personal Injury Lawyer FAQs
Retaining One of Our Personal Injury Lawyers
When you retain the services of a personal injury lawyer from our firm, you can be assured you are being represented by a lawyer who is skilled in negotiating settlements with insurance companies. And if the at-fault party’s insurance company refused to negotiate in good faith and arrive at a fair settlement amount, your Bloomington personal injury lawyer will not hesitate to litigate your case and let a jury decide what you are entitled to.
Our personal injury law firm has a long history of helping clients and their families obtain the best legal outcome based on the circumstances of their case. Our firm was founded in 1938, so you can be assured our legal team has the experience, knowledge, and skills needed to win your case. Your lawyer will begin developing a winning legal strategy from your first meeting.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
There are a number of ways accident victims get hurt. Some of the most common types of injury cases we have successfully handled at our firm include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Defective product
Insurance Companies Are Not Looking Out for Your Best Interest
When you are injured in an accident, the majority of settlements and jury awards are paid for by the at-fault party’s insurance company, such as in vehicle accidents, premises liablity, and malpractice cases. Although filing an accident claim may seem like it would be a fairly straightforward process, the reality is that many accident claims are complicated.
Insurance companies often try to minimize a victim’s injuries or attempt to get the victim to admit they did something to cause the accident, even if that isn’t true. Other insurance company tactics involve dragging out the claim process so the victim may settle because they are struggling financially and need the funds. The insurance company may deny the claim entirely.
When you have a personal injury lawyer representing you, they will be the one dealing with the insurance company on your behalf. The insurance company won’t get away with any of its tactics with a lawyer.
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm Today
If you have been injured in an accident, contact Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols and schedule a free consultation with a seasoned Bloomington personal injury lawyer. We are available through phone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Common Types of Injuries
Every person that works with a Bloomington, IL personal injury lawyer will have unique situations. However, many people suffer common injuries in accident cases. Each of these injury types can receive compensation for the trauma and pain they have caused. Learn more about these injuries, and then contact a lawyer at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols for help.
TBIs, or traumatic brain injuries, are often suffered in personal injury cases. These injuries occur when a person’s head collides with another object. In car accidents, TBIs may be caused by whiplash that forces a person’s head against the headrest. In a slip and fall accident, a person may actually fall and smack their head on the ground. These injuries present themselves with dizziness, lightheadedness, vision problems, headaches, and more. Even once brain injuries are treated, they may still cause a person pain for many years to come.
Broken bones are often suffered in personal injury cases, especially ones that include a force of impact. This might look like a truck accident or a slip and fall. Occasionally a defective product may also cause a broken bone. Even if a bone is fractured or receives just a hairline crack, that injury can be pursued through legal avenues with the aid of a Bloomington personal injury lawyer.
Spinal Cord Injuries
While many people suffer injuries to their spines due to obvious accidents such as car crashes or slip and fall incidents, spinal cord injuries also often commonly result from medical malpractice. A doctor may operate on something incorrectly, leading to spinal issues. In fact, a medical professional may operate incorrectly on a person’s spine outright. However, spinal injuries can also occur when a person is under anesthesia, laying on the table while being operated on if proper procedures are not followed.
Burns may occur in car, truck, motorcycle, or even pedestrian accidents. When another vehicle is involved, there is a chance that a fire may start or hot machinery parts may burn a person’s skin. Burns may also be suffered due to defective products. These can be products that are meant to produce heat such as an air fryer, but it can also be due to products that should not get too hot, which end up causing burns. If you are burned by a defective product, make sure to take precautions to cool the product and place it in a safe space so it does not also burn down the house.
Cuts and Bruises
Finally, the most common injuries received in accidents are cuts and bruises. From defective products to medical malpractice to physical injuries, cuts and bruises are very common. Even though these injuries may seem small, you can still receive compensation for them. You can also receive compensation for invisible injuries such as mental health problems. Experiencing an injury that changes your life can be very traumatic. PTSD, anxiety, and depression are just a few health issues a person may struggle with. All of these can be covered in a personal injury case.
If you or someone you love has recently been injured, contact a Bloomington personal injury lawyer with Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols for help.
Questions To Consider After An Accident
As a trusted Bloomington, IL personal injury lawyer knows, if you are involved in an accident, it is important to gather as much evidence as possible to support your insurance claim. The team at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols knows that evidence can help your insurance company determine who was at fault and the extent of your damages. Here are five questions you should consider when gathering evidence after an accident:
- What type of evidence should I collect?
There are several types of evidence that can be helpful after an accident. These include:
- Photos of the accident scene, including damage to the vehicles, skid marks, and any other relevant details.
- Contact information for any witnesses who saw the accident occur.
- A police report, if one was filed.
- Medical records and bills related to any injuries sustained in the accident.
- Repair estimates or invoices for any damage to your vehicle.
- How soon after the accident should I gather evidence?
It’s best to gather evidence as soon as possible after the accident. Take photos of the accident scene and exchange contact information with any witnesses while you are still at the scene. A Bloomington personal injury lawyer knows that if you wait too long, important details may be forgotten or lost.
- Do I need to notify the insurance company of the evidence I have collected?
Yes, you should notify the insurance company of any evidence you have collected. Provide them with copies of any photos, police reports, medical bills, or other relevant documents. This will help the insurance company process your claim more quickly and accurately. Your lawyer may prefer to be the one to handle providing this information to the insurance company involved.
- What if the other party disputes my evidence?
If the other party disputes your evidence, it’s important to remain calm and objective. Your insurance company will investigate the accident and determine who was at fault based on the available evidence. If you have a dispute with the other party’s insurance company, you may want to seek the advice of an attorney who specializes in personal injury law.
- What if I don’t have any evidence?
If you don’t have any evidence, don’t worry. Your insurance company will investigate the accident and gather evidence on its own. However, it’s always a good idea to take photos of the accident scene and exchange contact information with any witnesses, if possible. This can help support your claim and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Finding Legal Help For Your Accident Claim
Gathering evidence after any kind of accident is crucial to support your insurance claim. Take photos of the accident scene, exchange contact information with witnesses, and provide your insurance company with copies of any relevant documents. If you have any questions or concerns about the evidence you have collected, don’t hesitate to reach out to your lawyer for guidance. To learn more about what you should do following any kind of accident, speak with the team at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols. It is crucial that you get the help you deserve following an accident. Call to talk with our Bloomington personal injury lawyer now.
Ways Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help the Injured
When accidents happen and injuries occur, it’s crucial to have the support and guidance of a skilled Bloomington, IL personal injury lawyer from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols by your side. Our legal professionals specialize in advocating for injured individuals and ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve. Below we’ll explore seven ways lawyers provide invaluable assistance to the injured.
- Dependable Legal Representation: Personal injury lawyers possess a deep understanding of the legal system and have extensive experience in handling injury cases. We will navigate the complex legal procedures on behalf of clients, ensuring rights are protected throughout the entire process.
- Comprehensive Case Evaluation: One of the first steps a lawyer will take is to thoroughly assess the details of your case. They will review medical records, gather evidence, interview witnesses, and examine the accident scene. This comprehensive evaluation helps them build a strong case on your behalf.
- Determining Liability: Establishing liability is a crucial aspect of personal injury cases. A skilled attorney will investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident, identify responsible parties, and gather evidence to prove negligence or fault. This crucial step strengthens your claim and increases the likelihood of a favorable outcome.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be a daunting task, as they often attempt to settle claims for the lowest possible amount. Our Bloomington personal injury lawyer has the expertise to negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf. They will fight for your rights, ensuring you receive fair compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Building a Strong Legal Strategy: Based on their expertise and experience, personal injury lawyers will devise a strong legal strategy tailored to your specific case. They will anticipate the tactics employed by the defense and work diligently to counter them, maximizing your chances of success.
- Handling Legal Documentation and Deadlines: Personal injury cases involve a significant amount of paperwork, including legal documents, insurance forms, and court filings. A lawyer will take care of these administrative tasks, ensuring that all necessary documentation is properly completed and submitted within the required deadlines. This meticulous attention to detail eliminates the risk of missed opportunities or procedural errors that could harm your case.
- Representing Clients in Court: In some cases, litigation becomes necessary to obtain fair compensation. A personal injury lawyer will be your staunch advocate in the courtroom, presenting your case persuasively to a judge or jury. Our experience with courtroom procedures, legal arguments, and presentation skills significantly enhances your chances of achieving a favorable verdict.
Bloomington Personal Injury Infographic
When you’re injured due to someone else’s negligence, a Bloomington personal injury lawyer from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols can be your greatest ally. Our expertise, knowledge, and dedication to your case ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. From providing legal representation to negotiating with insurance companies, personal injury lawyers play a vital role in guiding you through the legal process, making sure you can focus on your recovery while they fight for your rights.
Bloomington Personal Injury Lawyer FAQs
Personal injury cases are often complex, involving various legal considerations and implications that need the help of a Bloomington, IL personal injury lawyer to navigate them. Here, we explore the five most commonly asked questions about personal injury cases to provide a better understanding of this legal area. Learn more, and then contact Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols for help.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case refers to a legal dispute that arises when an individual suffers harm from an accident or injury for which someone else might be legally responsible. This can be due to a variety of incidents, such as car accidents, slip and fall incidents, or medical malpractice to name a few. The responsible party’s insurance company typically compensates the injured person for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other ongoing costs associated with the injury.
Do I Have a Valid Personal Injury Claim?
Determining the validity of a personal injury claim hinges upon two fundamental aspects: liability and damages. If another party was negligent, and their negligence led to your injuries, you may have a valid claim. Damages include the physical, emotional, and financial losses you’ve suffered as a result. However, because these can be complicated legal concepts, consulting a Bloomington personal injury lawyer is often the best way to assess the strength of your claim.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
The timeframe to file a personal injury lawsuit, known as the statute of limitations, varies from state to state. Generally, it ranges from one to six years from the date of the accident. If you do not file your lawsuit within this period, you may permanently lose your right to sue. It’s crucial to seek legal counsel quickly to ensure compliance with these time constraints as a variety of factors go into the deadline such as jurisdiction and type of injury.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
This is probably the most commonly asked question, yet it’s the most difficult to answer without a comprehensive evaluation of your case. The value of a personal injury claim depends on the severity of the injury, the certainty of the other party’s liability, the extent of the defendant’s insurance coverage or personal assets, your medical bills, loss of income, and the impact of the injury on your life. An attorney can assess this and give you an estimate during a consultation.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Although you’re not legally required to hire a lawyer to handle your personal injury claim, doing so can significantly improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation. Personal injury law is complex, and navigating the insurance claims process can be confusing and stressful. An experienced attorney can help negotiate with insurance companies, gather and present evidence to support your claim, and represent you in court, if necessary.
In conclusion, a personal injury case involves determining liability, calculating damages, and navigating complex legal procedures. As every case is unique, and laws vary from state to state, getting advice from a knowledgeable lawyer is often the most effective way to handle these issues. Remember, it’s crucial to act promptly to preserve your legal rights and obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact a Bloomington personal injury lawyer at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols right away for help.