Car Accident Lawyer Springfield, IL
After an accident, victims will need the guidance that a car accident lawyer in Springfield, IL, relies on for legal representation. Car accidents are incredibly common, as approximately 77% of all drivers have experienced a car accident in their lifetime. When an accident happens, and another party is responsible, victims may want to consider a consultation with a lawyer. Legal representation is more attainable than ever because many work on a contingency fee basis. Choosing a lawyer from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols can offer victims the representation they deserve when they need it the most.
- 10 Types of Car Accident Injuries
- Springfield, IL Car Accident Infographic
- Why Choose a Lawyer
- The Value of a Consultation
- How to Find a Car Accident Lawyer
- Why Hire Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols as Your Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are incredibly common, as approximately 77% of all drivers have experienced a car accident in their lifetime. When an accident happens, and another party is responsible, victims may want to consider a consultation with a lawyer. Legal representation is more attainable than ever because many work on a contingency fee basis. Choosing a lawyer from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols can offer victims the representation they deserve when they need it the most. Now; it is also important to talk about the many reasons why car accidents and the injuries that pertain to them, end up taking place. Some of the most common examples of why injuries take place are due to tailgating, speeding, as well as heavy traffic. For example; it is first important to discuss tailgating. Tailgating is when an individual tries to get a driver ahead of them to move faster. As such, in order to do this, the driver will drive close, right behind the driver ahead and be aggressive, in an attempt to get them to speed up. One of the strongest factors pertaining to why accidents happen, is tailgating, because if the driver does not have time to put in the brakes, if those that they are tailgating have to suddenly come to a stop, then an accident will likely occur.
Moreover, the accident can also be very severe, if there is heavy traffic, and a pile up happens. This would end up causing not just car damage, but also severe death and injury as well. Next, there is speeding, which can actually tie into not just carelessness, but also road rage as well. First, speeding often happens, due to people being in a hurry and careless on the road. However, the reasons why road rage ends up happening, is because people end up being aggressive on the road, where they choose to cut off people, jump ahead of them, make sharp turns without putting the turn signal on, and more. These actions can and will have consequences.
10 Types of Car Accident Injuries
Injuries from car accidents can be extensive, and for some, healing from these injuries can require a lengthy recovery period. Victims may suffer injuries to nearly any part of the body. While most vehicles are equipped with safety features to mitigate physical injuries when faced with an accident, injuries are still likely. As our Springfield, Illinois car accident can share, there are many types of injuries victims may be left to contend with:
- Broken Bones – Broken bones usually happen, depending on the severity of the car crash and the impact of it. Examples of this could include broken bones such as collar bones for a frontal impact, a broken spin for more severe injuries, such as car crashes that would cause the car to flip upside down, and more. Again; not everyone gets broken bones, and it all depends on the severity of the car crash.
- Lacerations – Lacerations are injuries that are based on deep cuts. When it comes to a car crash, the deep cuts can come from broken glass that may come with the severity of the car crash, which may also include flying glass, glass around the vicinity after the crash, and more. This is one of the reasons why car crashes can be so dangerous.
- Head Injuries – head injuries when it comes to car crash, can include concussions, to something more severe, such as brain damage. Usually head injuries happen, when a person makes a sudden impact with part of the car, upon the car crash impact. An example of this would be an individual slamming their head against the windshield at a fast speed, causing severe head injury.
- Spinal Cord Damage – Spinal cord damage from a car crash can take place in different ways. However, one of the ways that spinal damage can happen, is if a car is severely impacted from the back, and the car ends up crunching, causing spinal injuries to the person that is impacted, especially a person who may be sitting in the back.
- Back Injuries – Back injuries and spinal injuries go hand in hand. In other words, the injuries that back injuries are associated with, usually correlate with spinal injuries (as mentioned above).
- Sprains and Strains – Sprains and strains when it comes to car crashes, are less severe than broken bones or head injuries. However, these can still be an issue. An example of this would be sprained knees and ankles due to damage in a car crash. When this happens, it is important that people seek treatment immediately, so that the sprains and strains do not get worse over time.
- Burns – Car burns can end up happening, when there is a severe enough impact, for a fire to start. When a car fire starts, it is important that immediate measures are taken, for the person to escape, while also getting treatment for any burns that the individual ended up suffering as well.
- Whiplash and internal injuries – Whiplash occurs when an individual suffers neck injuries from a car crash. However, whiplash is not usually seen or felt at first, and as such, it can become more severe over time, and it can even become permanent. As such, after a car crash, it is important that one gets assessments for what kind of damage they may have suffered, since not everything will be visible or felt always. This does not just refer to whiplash, but also internal damage, such as stomach damage too.
Springfield, IL Car Accident Infographic
Most injuries may require a significant amount of time to recover from, and for some, injuries can lead to long-term physical impairments. As a result, victims may experience extensive and costly medical bills; the accident may financially impact them due to their inability to work. For those facing such consequences after an accident, legal representation may be recommended as a way to financially recover from some of these losses and hold the responsible party accountable.
Why Choose a Lawyer
Choosing the services offered by a reputable law firm can offer victims of car accidents several advantages. Pursuing damages for an accident will require building a strong case against the responsible party and the ability to negotiate with the opposing side for a settlement. Working with a professional who has experience managing these types of cases and intimate knowledge of the court system is the best way to retain damages for all that the victim has lost from the accident. Key reasons to consider representation from our firm include:
- Having a team of lawyers who will protect the rights of the victim
- The opportunity to maximize the compensation
- A well developed legal strategy aimed at a successful outcome
- Professionals who can offer support and answer questions
- Have a clear understanding of direction for the case every step of the way
- Lawyers who can manage all legal aspects of the case so that victims can focus on their recovery
While victims have a right to pursue their case without a lawyer, moving forward can be highly stressful, and as a result, victims may risk putting the settlement they deserve at risk.
What are the benefits of having a Car Accident Lawyer?
After being injured in a car accident, you likely have a lot of legal questions that a car accident lawyer Springfield, IL trusts can answer for you. At Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols our lawyers have the experience to guide you through your case and provide legal advice that will help you make educated decisions throughout the legal process. You can also rely on your lawyer to represent you in legal settings such as negotiations, court, meetings with the other party or insurance companies, etc. taking the pressure off of you while your lawyer represents your interest and fights for what you deserve.
How do I know if I have a strong case?
There are many factors to consider in order to determine if you have a solid or straightforward case or not. Some of the things your lawyer may go over with you are the degree of fault for each party involved, cost of damage and medical bills, and other details specific to your situation. Even when you have what seems to be a strong case there can be unexpected curve balls and the unpredictability of court to consider, which is one reason settling out of court can be advantageous.
What is my case worth?
Depending on the circumstances of your accident your lawyer will determine what they believe your case is worth and fight for you to get that amount. Things to take into account will be medical treatment bills, damage to your car and property, therapy fees, loss of wages, emotional trauma, and more. Some damages are hard to put a dollar amount on, such as trauma from the experience, but a lawyer has the experience and legal knowledge to help you include these types of damages in your claim and will ask you questions to determine what all should be included.
Is a lawyer expensive?
Typically for a car accident case a Springfield car accident lawyer will not charge you upfront, but instead will only get paid if they get you compensation. This is called contingency payment, meaning their payment is contingent on you getting paid in a settlement or court ruling. The amount will depend on the particular lawyer or law firm and will be clear and stated upfront in your agreement or contract. This is often an attractive arrangement for clients so that they aren’t wasting money on a lawyer in the event that they end up getting nothing.
If I meet with a lawyer am I committed to pursuing a case?
Meeting with a Springfield car accident lawyer to discuss your case will not commit you to moving forward with a legal claim, but will give you the opportunity to ask questions and help you make an informed decision about how you want to proceed. Don’t hesitate to call Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols to schedule your confidential consultation to discuss the details of your car accident and your potential legal options. Call us today!
The Value of a Consultation
After receiving treatment for the accident, victims should schedule a consultation with Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols. Complimentary consultations are a way for victims to have their questions answered by a lawyer after carefully reviewing the case. Victims have many options for choosing a car accident lawyer in Springfield, IL; however, a consultation offers several advantages. During the consultation, victims can get an idea of whether they can pursue damages, obtain an estimation for the value of the case, and determine whether the lawyer they are meeting with is a good fit. To gain insight into your case and a straightforward course of action, schedule a consultation with our Springfield, IL, car accident lawyer before it’s too late.
If you are in a car accident, you may need a car accident lawyer in Springfield IL. A car accident can cause serious injuries to the victims and their families. The victim may suffer from major injuries and minor injuries. These injuries can result in hospitalization, medical bills, and loss of work. The victims also have to deal with emotional distress, pain, and suffering.
There are many reasons why people get into car accidents. Some of the more common ones include:
This is when a driver causes an accident because they were not paying attention or were driving while intoxicated.
These can include potholes, ice and snow, and other environmental factors that make it hard to see or control your vehicle. Road conditions need to be taken into careful consideration, when it comes to the rules of the road. For example; let’s say that there is heavy snow and ice on the road, or there is a lot of rain, and the streets are slippery. When making a turn, it would be important to turn very slowly, so that one does not slip and slide, becoming a hazard to other people on the road. Moreover, when a road is slippery, it is important to slow down to red lights ahead of time, because it may take longer for one to slow down, than usual.
Defective Parts or Equipment in your Car
If there is a problem with any part of your vehicle, including brakes or tires, that causes an accident, you may be able to hold the manufacturer responsible for damages.
If you are hit by someone who does not stop to exchange insurance information with you and leaves the scene, this could create serious problems for you if they never come forward later on.
What to Do After a Car Accident
The first thing to do after a car accident is to call the police. They can help you get the necessary information and document the incident. If you’re injured, stay in your car until an ambulance arrives. You should also file an insurance claim as soon as possible.
The best car accident lawyer in the world, who is also a good person, is hard to find. Above all, a good car accident attorney will be able to gather the information about your case and file it in court. The best car accident lawyer in Springfield IL needs to be ready to fight for your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve. They will represent you and make sure that the insurance company gives you what they owe you.
How to Find a Car Accident Lawyer
The first step in finding an excellent car accident lawyer is knowing how much they charge. There are some car accident lawyers in Springfield IL who will take your case on contingency, which means that they take no money upfront but instead wait until they win or settle with the other party’s insurance company before they get paid. Other attorneys require a fee upfront before taking your case. If you want a car accident lawyer in Springfield IL who charges by the hour, make sure to ask exactly what kind of hours and work go into each case so you can get an accurate estimate of how much it will cost overall.
Why Hire Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols as Your Car Accident Lawyer
If you are injured in an auto accident and need help, call us. We will answer your questions and put your mind at ease. If you have been injured in an auto accident, do not hesitate to call us. We will answer your questions, guide you through the process and help you get the compensation you deserve.
We know what it takes to win a lawsuit and we have represented individuals just like you who were injured in car accidents. We will fight for your rights, your future, and your recovery.
Springfield Car Accident Lawyer Statistics
While car accidents can range from mild to severe, it’s essential to understand that even accidents that are considered minor can result in significant damages — to both the vehicles and their occupants. On the more severe end of the scale, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation, there were 1,269 car crashes that ended in fatalities. Even if you were not in the accident but lost a loved one, you are still entitled to compensation. If you were in the crash, as a victim, you have to work to recover from injuries physically, which may cause you to experience financial challenges as bills and expenses from the accident pile up. With assistance from a lawyer with experience in representing car accident cases, victims have an opportunity to obtain compensation for their losses.
“Joe did my bankruptcy case and he was awesome! He was with me every step of the way. His secretary, Lea, is also great! She was very helpful and followed up on some paperwork and saved me some time. Definitely recommended!”