Bloomington Adoption Attorney
There are a number of reasons people choose adoption. Regardless of your motivations to do so, a Bloomington adoption attorney at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols can help you manage the legalities to the adoption process. We can ensure that you are legally protected so that the adoption of your child goes smoothly. With many years of experience in representing our clients through the adoption process, you can feel confident that you are in our very capable hands.
Things to Consider When Adopting
Before taking steps towards adoption, you will want to be sure that you are up for the task. Adopting a child may mean that the child comes with trauma from the experiences they had within their birth family. This can be incredibly difficult to manage. It will be important that you understand the lifelong commitment you have made to the child you are adopting.
The following are important avenues an attorney in Bloomington for adoption may talk to you about when choosing adoption:
- By adopting a child you are committing to parenting them forever. Unfortunately, there are situations where a child has returned to the foster care system because an adoptive parent no longer wants to parent them.
- The process can be long and costly; it will require lots of patience on your part.
- Seeking a therapist for support may be helpful during the process. You will want to discuss with them the emotions that can sometimes come along with the process in addition to the adjustment of adding a child to your family.
- Utilize any resources that may be provided or available to you. This can help provide you with some of the support you require throughout the process.
An adoption attorney in Bloomington can help you weigh your options so that you have a clear understanding of the path that you must face.
Ways to Adopt
For couples choosing adoption, there are a number of ways to adopt a child. There are various reasons a couple may opt for adoption; some may wish for a larger family without going through the process of pregnancy, others may have suffered infertility for years and hope to grow their family through adoption. Whatever your motivation may be, looking into adoption can be overwhelming at first.
Here are some of the various ways a person may adopt a child:
- The state foster care system can be an attractive option because it is the least expensive option. However, the process can be incredibly time consuming and frustrating.
- An adoption agency can help you through the adoption process. They will work with birth parents and pre-adoptive parents through adoption. This can be an emotional rollercoaster because the adoption cannot actually happen until after the child is born. As a result, birth parents still have the ability to change their minds. At times, this can be a heartbreaking and costly road.
- Some choose to adopt a child from another country. This process can carry a lot of unknowns, as you may know very little regarding the child’s background.
- If you know a birth parent that is looking for someone to adopt their child, you may be able to pursue this venue.
Regardless of the path you take to adopt a child, retaining the services of a Bloomington adoption attorney in IL will be vital. We can help you ensure that the process is completed as efficiently as possible.
Adopting a Grandchild or Child of Spouse
Adoptions can be one of the happiest and most rewarding times of a person’s life. If you are considering adopting a child of your spouse or a grandchild, seek help from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols Attorneys at Law, in Eureka, Illinois. We can also assist you if you are a biological parent looking to terminate your parental rights.
We represent biological parents, prospective stepparents, grandparents, and other family members in adoption proceedings. To learn more about stepparent adoptions, grandparent adoptions, and other types of adoptions, contact our law firm today
We Handle Adoptions by Stepparents
The attorneys at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols represent prospective stepparents in adoption proceedings as well as biological parents looking to terminate their parental rights. No matter what your goal is, we can help explain the legal process involved and help your understand your options.
Under certain circumstances a parent who is wishing to terminate their parental rights may still be responsible for child support once the stepparent adoption has been completed. It is very important to work with an attorney who understands this. In order for a biological parent to be relieved of his or her child support obligation it is necessary to work a transfer of child support into the court order. Contact our law firm to find out more.
We Also Handle Grandparent and Other Family Adoptions
We also assist grandparent and other family members looking to adopt a minor child. If you have questions about the legal process of adoption or your specific legal options, talk to a Bloomington attorney for adoption at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols right away.
“Friendly, and knowledgeable. Joe made the bankruptcy process less stressful. My wife and I are happy we went with him.”