Criminal Defense Lawyer Bloomington IL
Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with a crime, you may want to contact a top criminal defense lawyer Bloomington IL depends on. A criminal charge can be a misdemeanor or a felony, which is much more serious. In either scenario, contacting a skilled Bloomington criminal defense lawyer, may be in your best interest. At Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols, we strive to help the members of our community by providing quality legal counsel to protect their rights.
EXPERIENCED BLOOMINGTON CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
If you have been arrested for a crime an attorney can help make sure that your rights are protected. Don B. Pioletti Jr. has over thirty-five years of criminal defense trial experience defending individuals charged with crimes. Together with Joe Pioletti the attorneys at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols defend people across the state of Illinois who have been charged with a crime including Woodford, Tazewell, Peoria, Livingston, Fulton, and McLean counties.
BLOOMINGTON DUI LAWYER
Being arrested for DUI is a very serious situation. It actually involves two separate proceedings – a criminal proceeding with the State’s Attorney – and an administrative proceeding with the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office. Many things are at stake including loss of your driving privileges, expensive fines and possibly even jail time. Having an experienced DUI attorney on your side that can provide sound advice and guidance throughout the process can make a tremendous difference in the outcome.
The attorneys at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols have extensive experience handling DUI cases. We have a good working relationship with the other side and can help get your case resolved as favorably as possible.
BLOOMINGTON SPEEDING TICKET LAWYER
Do you have to appear in court for a traffic related offense? Are you facing a license suspension or revocation? If so the attorneys of Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols can represent you on your pending charges of traffic tickets, general speeding tickets, red light camera tickets and any other traffic related offenses. Many times we can appear on your behalf which means you won’t have to take off work or travel to make a court appearance.
WE PROVIDE COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL COUNSEL IN ALL CRIMINAL LAW AREAS INCLUDING:
- DUI Defense
- Cocaine Possession
- Drug Crimes
- Home Invasion
- Retail Theft
- Domestic Violence
- Felonies and Misdemeanors
- Marijuana Possession
TO CONSULT A CRIMINAL LAWYER AT PIOLETTI & PIOLETTI IN BLOOMINGTON AND EUREKA CONTACT US ONLINE OR CALL 309-467-3213.
Criminal Defenses We Can Help With
A criminal defense lawyer Bloomington IL residents trust can help you establish a strategic plan of defense to avert a guilty verdict, reduce the charge, or even have it dropped altogether. There are multiple criminal defense strategies that the defendant may use. An experienced criminal defense lawyer Bloomington IL has to offer can explain more about the following:
- Defense of Duress: In this scenario, the defendant committed a criminal act because a third member threatened physical harm or death to the defendant. For example, a person forced another individual to commit a break in by threatening them with physical harm if they did not comply.
- Defense of Self-Defense: Under these circumstances, the defendant had to use self-defense because he/she was being abused or threatened and feared for their life. A criminal defense lawyer Bloomington IL provides may explain that in this situation the defendant must provide proof that there was the imminent fear of death if they did not fight back.
- Defense of Necessity: This is when the accused claims that they committed the crime due to exceptional circumstances. In other words, they had no choice but to break the law. When this is the defense used, the court will evaluate the claim and decide if there was a better alternative available to the defendant.
- Defense of Infancy: A knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer Bloomington IL residents turn to might explain that this is when the accused party is not old enough to be held legally responsible for their actions. For instance, they may be a young child who shot someone else because they could not comprehend the dangers of a gun.
- Defense of Mistake/Accident: This may be used when the defendant did not realize their actions were illegal or the result was unintentional.
- Defense of Insanity: Under this situation, the defendant claims their mental health issues were the reasoning of their crime and cannot be held responsible for their actions. If this is the case, the defendant must undergo a psychological examination and the medical professional’s report must be submitted to the court.
There are various defenses that the accused may be able to use in a criminal case; the six defenses listed above are not inclusive. It’s important to work with a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer in Bloomington IL who can help you decide upon the strongest defense strategy for your case.
Don’t Move Forward Unprepared
If you’ve been charged with a crime, consider hiring an attorney who can properly advise you every step of the way. At Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols, our legal team is highly trained and experienced when it comes to criminal defense cases. If you’ve been charged with a crime, don’t hesitate to reach out to our firm for counsel. To speak with a trusted criminal defense lawyer Bloomington IL residents depend on, contact us today at (309) 467-3213.
“They did a good job in getting my case dismissed. Very reassuring and reliable.”