Truck Accident Lawyer Bloomington, IL
Truck Accident Lawyer In Bloomington, IL
When you are searching for a skilled Illinois lawyer who is known for providing their clients with quality legal assistance, obtain the help of a truck accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL like one from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols. Their legal team’s experience spans a variety of personal injury cases, including truck accidents and many other vehicle accident cases. With decades of service in the Bloomington, IL community, they have established an excellent track record for achieving the best possible outcomes for many accident victims.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Due to a number of factors, truck accidents tend to be one of the most severe types of vehicle accidents, as an experienced truck accident lawyer that Bloomington, Illinois trusts and depends on can tell you. Because of their size and weight, they can cause particularly terrible accidents that often result in severe car wreckage and passengers ejected or trapped in the vehicle. Older trucks require frequent maintenance to avoid issues like faulty brakes. People who are hit by a truck frequently come out of the accident with moderate to severe injuries.
Though driver error is a frequent cause of truck accidents, it can be caused by many things. These are some of the leading causes of truck accidents that a lawyer may typically deal with in a case:
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Fatigue or sleepiness
- T-bone accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Left-hand turns
- Poor maintenance
- Excessive weight
- Failing to observe traffic signs
- Hazardous weather conditions
Whether you sustained an injury in an accident that involved a private or commercial truck, a truck accident lawyer will be there to guide you through your difficult situation. They have the tools and resources to build a persuasive case in your defense and will do what it takes to secure the highest amount of compensation that the law allows. Do not pass on crucial legal services that can increase your compensation amount and help ease your recovery. Consult with a top truck accident lawyer to learn about your legal options.
Legal Assistance Is Available
Recovering from a frightening truck accident is not easy. Professional legal assistance is recommended so that you won’t have to face your struggles alone. Contact a trusted truck accident driver in Bloomington, IL at Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols to discuss your case now.
When to Get in Touch with A Truck Accident Lawyer in Bloomington, IL
The relevance of locating a trustworthy, proficient, and experienced vehicle accident attorney can not be overstressed in these instances since their intervention in the wake of a crash can make a world of difference to your quality of life. A knowledgeable vehicle accident lawyer like, Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols, will certainly start helping right away to gather proof, maintain data that is crucial to proving your insurance claim, and also they will help schedule healthcare.
You need to hire a skilled Illinois truck crash lawyer asap complying with state and federal law. If you are physically or mentally not able to make plans to employ a lawyer, ask a family member to start making inquiries instantly in order to engage a qualified truck crash attorney as soon as is feasible.
The earlier you get in touch with Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols, the earlier we can accumulate and maintain proof of fault in a truck accident. See the list below of potential evidence.
- The driver’s logbook, consisting of any kind of proof of meddling
- Analyzing skid marks and also various other debris at the accident scene
- Proof collected from the damaged automobiles
- The vehicle driver’s blood test outcomes
- History examination into the chauffeur’s document, including previous infractions
- Vehicle upkeep records and any evidence of mismanagement or poor upkeep
Gauging The Intensity of The Trucking Mishap
An additional reason to involve a Truck accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL quicker instead of later is to obtain a proper assessment of your injuries. Too often, victims fail to obtain a proper medical exam when they might actually need more than a test by their general practitioner but also specialized clinical assessment that might include x-rays, MRIs, or assessments by professionals like orthopedic medical professionals or spinal or bone and joint experts.
A qualified Illinois vehicle lawyer can guarantee that you obtain the tests and also care that you require in the wake of a trucking crash along with examining your clinical condition in the context of your insurance coverage claims. A thorough clinical analysis might be crucial to identifying your feasible settlement for your injury, in addition to catching prospective long-lasting medical issues related to your mishap.
Bear in mind, the law of constraints in some states for injury lasts two years and it starts accruing on the day the crash happens. The quicker you involve a truck accident attorney, the closer you will certainly be to settling your insurance claim as well as carrying on with your life.
That’s why it remains to your benefit to speak to a group of knowledgeable Illinois truck accident lawyers who have the understanding of commercial trucking as well as the sources required to get you the optimum feasible compensation.
Who Is Liable?
When a driver is injured in a car accident in Illinois, the process of liability is usually a fairly simple one. One driver acts in a negligent or reckless way, causing the accident, resulting in the victim’s injuries. The victim can then pursue a claim against the at-fault driver in order to obtain financial compensation for the losses they have suffered as a result of their injuries, as well as any property damage. When one of the vehicles involved in the crash is a truck, however, the process for filing that claim becomes much more complex because there are often more than one liable party for the victim’s losses. This is why any truck accident claim should have a truck accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL behind it, navigating it through the legal process.
Possible Liable Parties
In the majority of truck accidents, it is the truck driver who somehow caused the crash to occur. Some of the more common causes include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Operating the vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while fatigued
- Inexperienced or untrained driver
- Traffic violations
- Violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) regulations
A Bloomington, IL truck accident attorney knows that even if the truck driver is the party who caused the accident, the trucking company the driver works for will also be liable. In legal terms, this is known as “vicarious liability.” This means that if an employee is negligent, that negligence also carries over to their employer.
Some of the reasons why a trucking company can be found liable in a truck accident include:
- They failed to conduct a background check on the driver’s record when they hired them
- They failed to make sure the driver was properly trained on how to safely operate the vehicle
- They failed to conduct routine drug testing of the driver
- They failed to monitor the actions of the truck driver
- They demanded the driver work more hours than allowed by federal regulations
- They failed to perform regular inspections and properly maintain the vehicle involved in the crash
Another potentially liable party includes the company that loaded the cargo onto the truck if they failed to do so properly or they overloaded the truck, and this resulted in the crash. If the trucking company uses an outside vehicle maintenance company and they failed to properly repair the vehicle, a Bloomington, IL truck accident lawyer can name them as a liable party in a truck accident lawsuit, as well. This can also include truck manufacturers who produce vehicles with a dangerous defect that ended up causing the truck to crash.
What Happens When A Truck Accident Causes Head Injuries?
Because of the natural risk that a truck accident poses on victims, it is not surprising when a victim of this type of accident complains of head pain or resulting symptoms. We have seen many clients who were involved in truck accidents who come away with serious traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). There are many ways that a TBI can happen when you are in a truck accident:
- Your skull is fractured or cracked by an object crush it or by hitting the window of your car
- The impact of the truck (or the impact of another large object during the crash) causes your head to shake violently or your neck to snap back and forth
- An object slices your head or impales you causing serious brain damage
These types of injuries can range from mild to severe and depending on whether you have an open wound or not, you may have no idea you have a TBI immediately following the accident.
What to Look for When You Have A Closed Injury
When you do not see any outward signs of an injury, there are certain signs and symptoms you may want to look out for.
- Your pupils have dilation problems
- You are confused
- You are nauseated or are vomiting
- You have seizures
- You have speech problems
- You lost consciousness after the accident
If any of the above is true, the best thing you can do is seek medical help right away. Particularly after a truck accident, you want to make sure a doctor can see things that may not be obviously visible. Not only will this help you if you are hoping to file a truck accident claim, but it could help save your life.
Is Compensation Higher After A Truck Accident?
When you are filing a personal injury claim after an accident, compensation will always depend on a few things. For example, if you escaped a truck accident with only a broken arm, you may be able to recover damages for your medical bills and things like pain and suffering or the trauma you experienced. However, if, in this same accident, you suffered from a head injury that causes you to be unable to continue working your usual job or makes it so you can no longer provide for your family, you may be looking at damages for things like lost wages (past and future), hospital bills, surgery bills, rehabilitation, and more.
At Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols, our truck accident lawyers in Bloomington, IL have considerable experience managing complex truck accidents, insurance claims, and assisting damaged individuals to recover a settlement for their medical expenses, lost income, as well as other problems. Call us at 309.364.6781 to set up a consultation with our Bloomington, Illinois truck accident lawyer to discover how we can assist you in the aftermath of a major accident.
If you need a truck accident lawyer in Bloomington, Illinois, Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols will help you get the compensation you deserve. There are many similarities between truck accidents and car accidents, but there are also many differences to keep track of, and the right lawyer can help you navigate through any legal complications that may surface because of your involvement with a truck accident.
Car accidents happen every day. They aren’t pleasant, but for the most part we understand what we should do if we’re ever involved in one. But what key differences do we have to keep in mind when we’re involved in a truck accident? And importantly, who pays when the accident isn’t your fault?
What Should I Do After A Truck Accident?
If you’re reading this, you were most likely already involved in a truck accident. Don’t lose hope, though: If you followed typical car accident protocol, you might already be a few steps ahead.
After your truck accident, you should go through the motions of any other kind of car accident. Make sure you and your passengers are safe, and make sure to call for medical assistance if anyone on the scene needs it. Make sure everyone is removed from traffic and call the police to report the accident. And, just like with any other kind of car accident, take lots of photos of damage to your vehicle, the site of the accident, and any contact information so you have backups and copies of important documents.
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, it’s also important to get any witness testimony as well. If anyone was around to see what happened, reach out to them and get their story: Getting their contact information is also important in case you need to reach out to them later.
Do I Have to Pay Out of Pocket?
Short answer: You shouldn’t have to. Getting through your accident is just the tip of the iceberg, and chances are you’ll be in for a lengthy (and expensive) recovery. Fortunately, you can secure financial compensation with the help of an experienced truck accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL.
It’s important to get all possible details after your truck accident. If you were involved in an accident that a truck caused, you might be wondering who pays. In some instances, a truck is part of a fleet operated by a major company, and the truck is insured by the company in question. In other cases, truck drivers are independent contractors and carry their own insurance. Whatever the specifics, if they caused injury to you and damaged your vehicle, you shouldn’t be held responsible for paying your medical and repair bills.
Reach Out to Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols Today
At Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols, we understand that a truck accident is a frightening and stressful situation. Truck accidents can be serious, and they raise all sorts of questions that are difficult to answer without a seasoned lawyer at your side.
When you reach out to Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols, you get a dedicated legal team that is committed to making sure you get the financial compensation you deserve. Don’t hesitate: contact a truck accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL today, and see how we can help you rebuild your tomorrow.
How Truck Accidents Differ from Car Accidents
Many people put car accidents and truck accidents in the same category. However, they are very different from one another. Here are a few different ways truck accidents are different from car accidents.
- Truck accidents result in more severe injuries. Commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles. Therefore, truck accidents are much more likely to result in severe injuries. Car drivers and passengers are in danger of suffering injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, amputation, spinal cord injuries and burns. These injuries can result in high medical bills and affect you for a long time. It is important to speak to a lawyer about your legal options promptly.
- Cargo can also be risky. Unlike regular passenger vehicles, commercial trucks have to carry cargo around. Cargo can be dangerous in itself. For example, if the truck driver does not properly secure the cargo to the truck, it can fall off and cause a severe accident.
- There may be more than one liable party. As a truck accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL can confirm, there is often more than one liable party involved in a truck accident. The truck driver might have been the one who directly caused the accident, but there may be others who will also be held legally responsible. The trucking company, manufacturer, and cargo shipper may also be liable.
- There are different types of evidence. In a traditional car accident case, standard types of evidence include witness statements, police reports, photos of the accident scene, and security camera footage. There may be more types of evidence involved in truck accident cases. For one thing, a truck accident case may involve a driver’s qualifications and training file. If it is discovered that the truck driver was not properly trained, you could use that as evidence.
- Compensation in a truck accident case can be greater. As mentioned before, truck accidents can result in more serious injuries that may require long-term medical care. As such, you may be entitled to receive more compensation in a truck accident claim than you would in a traditional car accident claim. It is important to have an experienced truck accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL on your side to improve your chances of receiving fair compensation.