Pioletti & Pioletti
Eureka, IL LOCATION
24/7 live phone answering
As you have likely noticed, people are getting divorced and separated more often than ever before. Getting a divorce or legal separation is one of life’s biggest decisions. If you’ve continually tried to work with your spouse but are seeking other alternatives, here’s a quick outline of the benefits of legal separation and divorce in Bloomington IL.
What is the Difference Between Divorce and Legal Separation?
Many people do not know that being divorced and being legally separated are almost the same thing. With a legal separation, all the assets and debts are distributed accordingly, just like a divorce, but the couple has a chance to either resolve their issues or proceed to divorce. The marriage is still official with a legal separation, but the couple has a chance to live separately in Bloomington IL for a period of time while making final decisions and arrangements, if necessary. There are many benefits of being legally separated rather than divorced, but each situation is different and it’s important to seek professional legal counsel. If you need to speak with a divorce lawyer about which option is best for your situation, please contact Pioletti & Pioletti today.
Legal Separation Agreement
A legal separation agreement is a legal document made by both parties who want to legally separate but do not want to divorce for any number of reasons. You should construct a legal separation agreement and get it notarized in order to:
The Benefits of Legal Separation
When two people are legally separated, they are still technically married, but they can:
Having a court-ordered legal separation in Bloomington IL puts a marriage on halt while the married couple decides what they want to do. Some people may not be emotionally ready for a divorce, or will not divorce for religious or financial reasons. Many studies show that couples are likely to get divorced within only three years of being separated. In some other longer and more complicated cases, couples are separated for over ten years before getting divorced.
The Benefits of Divorce
When two people become divorced, they must decide how to split and share all aspects of their lives: finances, children, responsibilities, bills, etc. Being divorced means mutually finalizing the end of your marriage and no longer sharing obligations with the other person.
A family lawyer from a notable law firm, such as Pioletti & Pioletti, may help walk you through the costs and benefits of divorce versus legal separation. Depending on your specific circumstances, we may be able to help you through the process. Putting your marriage on pause is a big ordeal, and it’s important to make the right decisions during this trying time.
Benefits of Hiring a Bloomington IL Family Lawyer
If you are getting divorced, you may want to consult with a family lawyer Bloomington IL depends on. Hiring an experienced lawyer to help you take care of a divorce may make the entire process much easier. He or she may lead you in the right direction and address all your questions and concerns.
1. A Lawyer May Be Objective: During a divorce, it’s normal to experience feelings of sadness, anger and fear. When you are dealing with all these emotions, it can cloud your judgment and cause you to make the wrong decisions. That’s why having a family lawyer in Bloomington IL by your side can be so beneficial. He or she may offer an objective point of view and prevent you from making rash decisions. For example, if you ask for an unreasonable settlement, your family lawyer Bloomington IL trusts may let you know and advise you to keep your emotions in check.
2. A Lawyer May Help You With the Paperwork: A divorce involves a lot of paperwork, and some of it can be confusing. If you include the wrong information or omit something on this paperwork, it may hurt your case. For instance, if you don’t include all of your assets in your paperwork, your spouse’s lawyer may accuse you of trying to hide information. An experienced family lawyer Bloomington IL respects may help you fill out paperwork correctly so that you don’t have any issues in court.
3. A Lawyer May Help You Get a Fair Settlement: When you go through a divorce, property and other assets must be divided between you and your spouse. The way these assets are divided may depend on the state you live in. An experienced Bloomington family lawyer may review your case and determine what a fair settlement for you would be. He or she may work hard to make sure you receive your fair share in the divorce settlement. (Learn about Can I appeal a judge’s decision in family court?)
4. A Lawyer May Help Speed Up the Process: A divorce can be a lengthy process without a lawyer. If you don’t know the ins and outs of divorce law and make a mistake on your paperwork, for example, it can drag the process out. An experienced family lawyer Bloomington IL counts on may help you speed up the divorce process so that you can move on with your life.
5. A Lawyer May Speak to Your Spouse on Your Behalf: When marriages break up, it can result in hurt feelings and resentment. If you are very angry with your spouse, the last thing you want to do is talk to him or her. If you have a trusted family lawyer by your side, he or she may speak to your spouse for your, so you can avoid any awkwardness.
A divorce is tough, but a qualified family lawyer may make it less painful. If you are searching for a family lawyer Bloomington IL offers, contact Pioletti and Pioletti Attorneys at Law.
Many drivers may eventually decide to ride a motorcycle as their means of transportation. It is better on gas mileage and may be able to get you to your destination faster. There are ways you can prepare yourself to ride a motorcycle with precision and safety. The last thing you want is to endure a… Read More »
The thought of not being able to see your children grow up is certainly difficult to imagine. However, life is full of uncertainties and it’s important to plan for the unexpected. In your will, it’s important to choose a guardian to look after your kids if you die unexpectedly. Otherwise, the court will make their… Read More »
A reckless driving charge is very serious and the consequences may be steep fines and possibly jail time. If you find yourself with a reckless driving charge, get in touch with a lawyer immediately. Many moving violations that may put other lives in danger can be considered reckless driving and will require you to appear… Read More »