Bloomington Construction Dispute Attorney
We handle all forms of disputes arising out of construction or contracting agreements
When construction disputes arise, contact a Bloomington construction dispute attorney. Disputes between construction companies and customers are all too common. Disputes often times arise out of delays in getting the work done, unsatisfactory work, and delayed or disputed payments. Construction-related disputes can consume a lot of time and money. Many times the cost of pursuing a claim outweighs the money at stake. With offices in Eureka and Bloomington-Normal, the construction dispute attorneys of Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols have experience dealing with these disputes in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
How can you resolve a construction dispute?
A construction dispute attorney in Bloomington, Illinois can help you with your construction dispute needs. When you are working with a construction company, whether it is a residential or commercial area, a dispute may arise. Unfortunately, with construction, there are many ways that a dispute may come up, whether the construction workers are sloppy, the construction is costing much more than the company said it would, or it is not getting done on time. A Bloomington construction dispute attorney from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols can help you with your dispute and even give you tips to help you avoid a dispute altogether.
Is a construction dispute a breach of contract?
Not necessarily, though it is quite possible that it could soon become a breach of contract if it is not resolved quickly. There are many reasons a construction dispute may occur.
- There are delays in the project.
- The construction company over-promised its ability when it came to the construction work.
- The construction workers are sloppy and have made serious damage to the area housing the construction.
If you believe that your construction dispute may lead to a breach of contract, you should contact the Bloomington construction dispute attorney now. We can help go over the details of your contract to see how we can help you with your dispute.
How can I avoid disputes or resolve them?
It is possible to be vigilant in avoiding disputes even before they arise or work things out before a simple dispute becomes a breach of contract.
- Outline the Negotiation. When you are creating a contract with the construction company, putting in a negotiation clause can be extremely helpful. This can be used to ensure you and the construction company attempt to negotiate and come to an agreement before trying to move on to other legal courses of action.
- Getting a Third Party. It may also be useful to incorporate mediation into your contract. When you use a third party, finding a solution to your dispute may be easier than you think. This can be a useful solution and can resolve the situation before it gets any further, legally.
- Choosing Arbitration. Similar to mediation, if you decide to choose arbitration, you are using a neutral third party. However, during mediation, the third party can only recommend a solution for you and the other party. With arbitration, they can give you a legally binding decision on who is at fault, though this will depend on the jurisdiction. Although helpful, this may not be the best solution as it can be costly.
- Resolving Through Litigation. The construction dispute attorneys in Bloomington can also help if litigation is the best option. If there appears to be no other way for you and the construction company to resolve your dispute, you can go to trial. This is not always the best solution, though, because it can take longer and cost more.
If you are in the middle of a construction dispute and are not sure what to do, please contact a Bloomington construction dispute attorney from Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols.