When you are the victim of a truck accident, you know very well that the injuries you sustain can have devastating effects that last longer than just the few days following the truck accident. While you may feel fortunate for having survived such an accident, you may find that the weeks, months, and years following the accident are not without their trauma. Attorneys know that the physical and emotional trauma you feel after a truck accident can be serious and that you should seek help from a doctor as well as one of our trusted truck accident attorneys right away. You may be suffering from truck accident injuries for the rest of your life, so don’t hesitate to call our office to see how we can help you with compensation.
The Gist of Proving Negligence
When it comes down to any personal injury case, your attorney will likely be looking for one key piece of information: who was acting negligently. Your truck accident attorney will be working hard to show that you deserve to be compensated for your physical and emotional injuries by providing the evidence necessary to prove the truck driver, their company, or the truck parts manufacturer acted in a way that was negligent. How will your truck accident attorney show this?
To prove that someone acted negligently in your truck accident case, your lawyer will be working to show four things that occurred:
- Someone owed you a duty of care. This could be the truck driver, the truck parts manufacturer, or the truck driver’s employer. The point is to show that every time the truck gets on the road, the driver owes others on the road a duty of safety.
- Someone breached that duty. Again, this could be any of the above parties (or another party not listed). For example, if the truck driver was fatigued because they were working too long of hours and fell asleep at the wheel, they breached the duty of care they owed others on the road.
- Because they breached this duty of care, they directly caused you to sustain injuries from the accident.
- Finally, the injuries you sustained from the accident can be quantifiable. This means that you can bring forth a lawsuit for the injuries you suffered such as any medical bills you received, doctor visits, physical therapy, and more.
Your trusted truck accident attorney will gather the evidence necessary to show that someone was acting in a way that was negligent and thus caused your injuries. When we do this, we will work hard to get you the compensation you need so that you can begin picking up the pieces and recovering from this accident. This is an extremely traumatic time in your life and we want to help you through it. For more information contact a truck accident attorney, like a truck accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ, for an appointment today.
Thank you to the experts at Kamper Estrada, LLP, for their insight into truck accident law.
- Bankruptcy Lawyer FAQ: What is a non-bankruptcy workout? - 15th March 2020
- A Trust Litigation Lawyer - 15th March 2020
- Rules for Changing Attorneys During a Criminal Trial - 15th March 2020