Divorce Lawyer Bloomington IL
A divorce can be one of the most difficult times in a person’s life. A poorly handled divorce may create more problems in the future and cost precious time and money. An experienced divorce lawyer can protect your legal rights concerning issues of the distribution of property, alimony and support, custody of children, and the maintenance of insurance, just to name a few.
At Pioletti Pioletti & Nichols we represent men and women in divorce cases in Bloomington, Eureka, Washington, Peoria, and the surrounding towns. We are highly skilled and thorough in our approach to divorce law, and will give your divorce case the attention that it deserves.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in a Divorce
It goes without saying that a divorce is stressful. Unfortunately, when you are under all of this stress, you might not think rationally. It’s easy to make mistakes that you may later regret, as a divorce lawyer Bloomington IL residents trust can attest. Here are a few common mistakes to avoid in a divorce:
- Arguing With Your Spouse in Front of Your Kids: No matter how angry you are with your spouse, it’s usually advisable not to argue with your spouse front of your children. If you feel yourself getting angry while speaking to your spouse, you should walk away before a fight happens.
- Hiding Assets: Remember to let your divorce lawyer in Bloomington IL know about all the assets you currently have. If you do not disclose all of your assets, you could find yourself in some hot water. You may lose credibility in front of the judge and compromise any agreements that have already been put in place. Your lawyer can help you understand how jointly-held assets could be divided in your divorce.
- Allowing Your Emotions Cloud Your Judgment: It is common to feel a wide range of emotions during a divorce. However, if you let these emotions cloud your judgment, you could end up making decisions that you later regret. For example, you might fight for assets you do not even want. That’s why it may be important to have a divorce lawyer Bloomington IL clients respect by your side. Your lawyer may offer objectivity and prevent you from making bad decisions.
- Not Complying With Court Orders: After you or your spouse have filed for divorce, the court may give you various orders regarding support payments and other issues. It is crucial that you follow these orders. If you don’t, you risk losing ground in your divorce case, as a divorce lawyer Bloomington IL residents rely on can confirm.
- Arriving to Visitations Late: If the judge has arranged visitations with your children, make sure to arrive to them on time. If you can’t help but be late to a visit, make sure to let your spouse know ahead of time.
Questions to Ask a Divorce Lawyer Bloomington IL Has To Offer
Choosing the right Bloomington divorce lawyer is one of the most important decisions you can make during your divorce. To determine if a divorce lawyer Bloomington IL residents depend on is right for you, consider asking the following questions during the initial consultation:
- How long have you practiced family law?
- How long do you think it will take to resolve my case?
- How long do you take to return phone calls?
- Based on the information I gave you about my divorce case, how do you predict the judge will rule on it?
- How long do you take to respond to phone calls? How do I reach you if I have an emergency?
COMMONSENSE DIVORCE SOLUTIONS
We are equipped to help you with all aspects of the dissolution of your marriage, legal separation or annulment. We strive to help clients reach amicable solutions through negotiation and mediation but we are always prepared to fight for our client’s interests in court.
FIGHTING FOR YOUR SHARE OF THE MARITAL PROPERTY
In negotiations involving complex property division, if you do not have a competent attorney on your side it is all too easy to get ran over by the other side – especially in regard to Illinois equitable distribution laws. If the other side files motions and presents documents to the court that could hurt your case, a competent divorce lawyer will know how to challenge that evidence and make sure the opposition doesn’t take advantage of you.
TO CONSULT A BLOOMINGTON DIVORCE LAWYER AT PIOLETTI & PIOLETTI IN BLOOMINGTON AND EUREKA CONTACT US ONLINE OR CALL 309-467-3213.
“We needed legal assistance in Illinois while living in another state – after calling what seemed like almost all the attorneys in this specific county, we finally found Michael Nichols, who not only gave us a very reasonable rate, but worked with us remotely. I was impressed with how well he stayed in touch throughout the process, without us having to follow-up with him. Our case went smooth and he was willing to do what needed to be done to get us the result we wanted. Thanks Michael!”